Dr. Gates’ practice has been dedicated to Foot and Ankle Surgery and Sports Medicine since 1998. Following graduation from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Dr. Gates completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Mt. Carmel Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio. He then completed a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. He is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
He is the foot and ankle consultant for Thomas More College, Northern Kentucky University and many area high schools. He is also the team physician for Highlands High School & Middle School.
His practice includes ankle arthroscopy, fractures, Achilles tendon disorders, total ankle replacement and forefoot reconstruction. He treats foot and ankle injuries in athletes and non-athletes, including occupational injuries.
Dr. Gates is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, and the Pedorthic Footwear Association. Dr. Gates was selected as a Finalist for the Cincinnati Business Courier's 2015 Health Care Heroes "Innovator" Award for his development of the Internal Brace Augmentation Procedure for ankle stabilization.
Dr. Gates sees patients exclusively in Highland Heights, KY on the Campus of Northern Kentucky University. He is assisted by Lisa Osterbrock, PA-C.
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Residency: Mt. Carmel Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic; Foot and Ankle Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Pedorthic Footwear Association
- Team Physician: Highlands High School & Middle School
- Foot & Ankle Consultant: Northern Kentucky University & Thomas More University