- Florence, KY
- Highland Heights, KY
- NKU Campus
Dr. William McClellan graduated from New Mexico State University and received his medical degree from the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. He completed his residency in the department of orthopaedic surgery at The University of Cincinnati School of Medicine.
Dr. McClellan completed his spine fellowship at The University of Colorado and is interested in adult degenerative spinal disorders, minimally invasive spine surgery and general orthopaedics.
Dr. McClellan is seeing patients in our Florence & NKU offices.
Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
- Spine Surgery (Neck & Back)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc herniation
- Leg pain (sciatica)
- Arm pain (radiculopathy, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel syndrome)
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal misalignment and deformity
- Sacroiliac joint (SI joint) dysfunction/pain
- Minimally invasive discectomy and decompression surgery
- Computer navigated precision spine surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Artificial disc replacement surgery
- Spine fracture care
- General Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fracture care and surgery
- Pediatric orthopaedics
- Sacroiliac joint pain/dysfunction
Primary Hospital Affiliations*
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare (Florence, KY)
- Christ Hospital (Cincinnati, OH)
- Undergraduate: New Mexico State University, Chemical Engineering
- Medical School: University of New Mexico
- Residency: University of Cincinnati Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: University of Colorado Spine Surgery
Certification & Licensure
- Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
- OH State Medical License
- KY State Medical License
Sacroiliac Joint (SI Joint) Care
The SI joint is often a cause of lower back and buttock pain. Research has shown SI joint dysfunction is responsible for this pain in 15-30% of cases. Like other joints in the body, the SI joint can be injured or develop arthritis. SI joint dysfunction can cause pain the low back, buttock, pelvis and thigh area. Conservative treatment options for SI joint pain include medications, physical therapy and SI joint injections. Minimally invasive SI joint fusion surgery may be an option for patients who do not receive adequate relief from conservative treatment. If you are interested in learning more about SI joint dysfunction, or to see if you are a candidate for SI joint fusion surgery, please make an appointment with Dr. McClellan.
Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
Disc herniations and degenerative disc disease of the neck are common conditions that can lead to pinched nerves causing pain, numbness or weakness around the shoulder or down the arm. Conservative treatment options include medications, lifestyle modifications and physical therapy. Surgery may be an option for those who have severe or continued symptoms after conservative treatment. Cervical disc replacement surgery is an alternative to fusion surgery and allows for the preservation of motion in the cervical spine. Dr. McClellan specializes in cervical disc replacement surgery. To learn more about this condition, or to find out if you are a candidate for cervical disc replacement surgery, make an appointment with Dr. McClellan.