- Regenerative Medicine
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Joint Pain
- Edgewood, KY
- Highland Heights, KY
- Florence, KY
Dr. Angel Velazquez is board certified and specializes in the nonsurgical treatment of athletic injuries and problems in patients of all ages. He is one of very few physicians utilizing platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy to treat sports medicine injuries. Dr. Velazquez has advanced training in musculoskeletal ultrasound, which he uses in the office to aid in diagnosing and treating orthopaedic problems. He also sees patients for general orthopaedic problems including arthritis and joint pain.
Dr. Velazquez served as the assistant medical director for the Cincinnati Reds and their minor league affiliates from 2015-2018. He was responsible for performing pre-participation physical examinations for these athletes, including those of the Dominican Republic Summer League. He conducted ultrasound diagnostic exams and regenerative medicine procedures. In addition to his affiliation with the Cincinnati Reds, Dr. Velazquez has worked as team physician and assisted with the care of many area high school, college and university athletes.
In his spare time, Dr. Velazquez spends as much time as possible with his family. He enjoys baseball and the outdoors. Other interests including cooking, salsa music and dancing.
Dr. Velazquez treats athletes, weekend warriors, non-athletes and anyone in between. He has immediate openings in Edgewood, Highland Heights (NKU) and Florence.
Education & Training:
- MD - Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara and Ponce School
- Residency - Family Medicine, St. Elizabeth Medical Center
- Fellowship - Primary Care Sports Medicine, Bethesda Family Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Kentucky Medical Association
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
Sports Medicine Experience
- Cincinnati Reds
- Associate Physician (2011-2018)
- Assistant Medical Director (2015-2018)
- Wittenberg University
- Wilmington College
- Numerous Greater Cincinnati High Schools