WATCH: Hand & Wrist Pain – Educational Seminar
A native of Northern Kentucky, Dr. Jeffrey Wera attended Beechwood High School where he excelled both academically and athletically.
Dr. Wera completed his undergraduate work at The College of William & Mary where he also played baseball. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Louisville School of Medicine. Dr. Wera completed his orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine residency at Temple University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA, and his hand & upper extremity fellowship year at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Wera treats a wide range of orthopaedic conditions of the upper extremity and has a passion for the hand and wrist --specializing in wrist arthroscopy and arthritis of the hand and wrist. Dr. Wera’s advanced minimally invasive arthroscopic techniques allow patients to have a faster recovery and return to activity. His background in athletics gives him firsthand insight into the injuries of competitive and performance athletes.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Wera and his wife enjoy the outdoors and traveling. They spend time with his parents, brothers, sisters-in-law, nieces and nephew who still live in Northern Kentucky, and he loves the Cincinnati sports scene.
Dr. Wera sees patients in the Edgewood, Florence and Highland Heights offices in Northern Kentucky.
- Arthritis of Hand & Wrist
- Fracture Care
- Compressive Neuropathies & Nerve/Tendon Injuries
- Arthroscopy of wrist
- St Elizabeth Healthcare
- The Christ Hospital
Education & Training
- Medical School: University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Residency: Temple University Hospital, Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine
- Fellowship: Hand & Upper Extremity – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Certification & Licensure
- KY Medical License
- OH Medical License
- Board Eligible
- Candidate Member American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Candidate Member American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Candidate Member American Association for Hand Surgery
- Pending Publication:
- Ulnar Sided Wrist Pain
- Degenerative Thumb Arthritis
- Ultrasound Diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome