- Edgewood, KY
- Florence, KY
- Griffin Elite - Erlanger, KY
Dr. Timothy Burns is board certified in Sports Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and is a fully licensed physician in both Ohio and Kentucky. He is proud to be a member of the OrthoCincy team of physicians.
Dr. Burns came to Cincinnati in 2004 to attend Xavier University where he graduated with a B.S in Biology. Dr. Burns obtained his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2012. He continued his medical education at the University of Cincinnati for both his Residency and Fellowship training. During residency, Dr. Burns received the Academic Excellence Award all three years he was eligible for this honor. Additionally, Dr. Burns has received the honor of being a "Standard Setter and Exam Reviewer" by the ABFM for the national Sports Medicine Board Certification Exam - this honor is reserved for physicians with top scores on the board certification exam compared to their peers. During his Fellowship training, Dr. Burns worked as a covering physician for Walton-Verona High School Football and University of Cincinnati Athletics.
Dr. Burns is interested in all aspects of Sports Medicine. He treats most muscle, tendon, joint and bone problems throughout the body. Dr. Burns performs Interventional Spine Procedures (epidural steroid injections) and electrodiagnostic medicine (EMG) procedures. Dr. Burns has a special interest in Regenerative Medicine; this aspect of Sports Medicine focuses on helping the body recover faster using techniques such as Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and tendon fenestration (TENEX) type procedures. In addition, Dr. Burns is developing a stem cell practice for regenerative purposes. To aid in these treatments, Dr. Burns has obtained special certification in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (RMSK) which allows for the visualization of body tissues during injection procedures.
Dr. Burns treats athletes, performing artists, weekend warriors, non-athletes and anyone in between. He has immediate openings in Erlanger at the Griffin Elite location, and also in Florence and Edgewood. He also serves as the Team Physician for Holy Cross High School and Scott High School.
Education & Training
- Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residency: University of Cincinnati; Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Fellowship: University of Cincinnati; Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Board Certified
Honors & Recognition
- University of Cincinnati Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Academic Excellence Award, 2014-2016
- ABFM Sports Medicine Board Examination Standard Setter, 2017
- Cincinnati Magazine Top Doctor for 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- NKY Magazine Top Doctor - 2021,2022
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Spine Intervention Society
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation